Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Wedding...

Most every girl I’ve ever known has had a dream or at least an idea of how they’d like their wedding to be. My dream was to have a winter wedding with red and gold in a church. Dreams of many kinds came true on our wedding day! We all woke up to a beautiful, fluffy snow, it looked like someone had just shaken a snow globe. Snow on our big day was another childhood dream of mine! With the help of many people, the sanctuary was decorated beautifully and everything was perfect! I don’t know I’ve ever had such a peace as I did when I walked down the aisle with my dad toward my best friend and the rest of my life. Before my dad gave me away, I was able to give him back the purity ring he had made for me when I was 13. I’m so grateful for my parents’ influence and prayers and that was such a special moment for me.

Our pastor, Pastor Wayne, did a beautiful job with the ceremony. As you know, our situation was quite unique and Pastor Wayne was so gracious and insightful as he walked us through our premarital counseling right through to the “kiss the bride” part. Our ceremony concluded with a commissioning and our parents praying over us. It was a wonderful way to begin our marriage in ministry to each other and in ministry to the mission field.

Our reception was a blast and we realized we have the most amazing family and friends a couple could ever have. The food was wonderful, the dancing hysterical, and the bite of cake I had was delicious! The day flew by, but I prayed God would allow me to take it all in and I feel like moments of the day were in slow motion just so I could feel it all happening! It was a day filled with so much love; love from God, love for each other, and an overwhelming love and support from our friends and family. We’re blessed and we are enjoying married life. And we look back on our wedding with wonderful memories. Thank you to all of our friends and family who made it a special day for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment