Friday, November 6, 2009

The Big 24!

My mom came down to Costa Rica to be with me last Friday and I saw her off with a tearful goodbye on Thursday. Our time was short, but sweet! My 24th birthday was Wednesday and it turned out to be one of my most memorable birthdays ever! All of my teachers and classmates went above and beyond to make my day special! It was so good to have my mom here! She made things feel more like home around here! My neighbors, the Pruitts, have become some of my greatest friends! They're in language school as well and will be heading to Guatemala. I feel like I've become part of the family. Mom and I went to the beach last weekend and we came home to a birthday decorated apartment and a homemade apple pie! Thanks Pruitts and Katie! You really made the week awesome! On my birthday, I had a birthday dinner here with friends and then Mom and I sat on my bed and Skyped with the rest of my family and Lorin! They even had a birthday cake there! It's a great technological age for missionaries! Mom and I did some more wedding planning and really made some progress! The countdown continues... School is going well and life in Costa Rica only gets more exciting as the days go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment